RISK WARNING: CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 56.82% of our retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. Please refer to our Risk Disclaimer. Squared Financial (CY) Limited is regulated by CySEC under license No. 329/17. SquaredDirect is owned and operated by Squared Financial (CY) Limited, Cyprus. SquaredDirect uses the domain www.squareddirect.com.
How do I know how much P/L will be gained by my Stop loss and Take profit before I place them?
- Strike Price = 1.15151
- Take Profit = 1.16151 = 100 Pip movement
- Stop Loss = 1.14151 = 100 Pip movement
- Pip value * Pip Movement = P/L when Stop Loss or Take Profit is triggered
- 11.5 * 100 = +-1150$
How do I calculate Commissions?
- Commission per 1 lot * Contract size = Commission in Base Currency
- 4.5 * 0.10 = 0.45???
- Commission * Base Currency vs Account Currency = Commission is Account Currency
- 0.45??? * 1.15151 = 0.52$
How do I calculate spreads?
- Bid Price ??? Ask Price = Spread
- 1.15140 – 1.15151 = 0.00011 = 1.1 pip spread
How do I calculate swaps?
- If Swaps are given in Points
- Pip Value * Swap Rate * Number of Nights / 10 = Swaps
- 11.5 * -8.3 * 5 / 10 = 47.725$
- If swaps are given in Pips
- Pip Value * Swap Rate * Number of Nights = Swaps
- 11.5 * -0.83 * 5 = 47.725$
How do I calculate Free Margin?
- Equity – Margin (used) = Free Margin
- 10950$ – 115.151$ = 10834.849$
How do I calculate Margin Level?
- Equity / Margin (used) * 100 = Margin Level
- 10,950$ / 115.15 * 100 = 9509.34%
How do I calculate margin requirements?
- Assuming Account Balance is in USD and you are trading EUR/USD
- 1 standard lot size * Trade Size * Margin = Margin Required in Base Currency
- 100,000 * 0.1 (10,000???) * 0.01 = 100???
- Margin Required * Exchange Rate of Base Currency vs Account Currency = Margin Required in Account Currency
- 100 * 1.15151 = 115.151$
How do I calculate a value of 1 pip?
Amount of Base Currency * Pips = Value in Quote Currency
Value of 1 pip in EUR/USD= 1 Lot (100 000 ???) * 0.0001= 10 USD
Value of 1 pip in USD/CHF= 1 Lot (100 000$) * 0.0001=10 CHF
- Value of 1 pip in EUR/JPY=1 Lot (100 000 ???) * 0.01= 1000 JPY
How do I calculate Equity?
- Balance +- P/L (open positions) +- Swaps/Commotions = Equity
- 10000$ + 1000$ ??? 50$ = 10950$
How do I calculate Leverage?
1 / Account Margin = Leverage
1 / 0.02 = 50